0300-365-3005 GreenDoctorsLDN@groundwork.org.uk

Energy Crisis: What can you do

With the recent news of rising gas prices and several smaller energy suppliers collapsing this is a really worrying time for people who struggle with their energy costs. We’re sharing some easier to follow advice that will help answer some of the questions you might have.

If you need support to save money on your energy bills please do contact the Green Doctors on 0300 365 3005 or email at GreenDoctorsLDN@groundwork.org.uk. You can also register for a free telephone consultation and one of our Green Doctors will be in touch.

Q. What happens if my supplier goes bust?

A. If your energy provider collapses, you will not stop receiving gas and electricity. Your account will be moved to a new supplier by energy regulator Ofgem although this may take a few weeks.

Q. Should I switch supplier if I’m concerned about my energy supplier?

A. Due to the crisis there is a reduction in the number of tariffs available especially the cheaper ones, many switching services such as Uswitch are pausing or reducing services they offer, you can do directly to a supplier but the tariffs on offer are likely to be higher than what you are currently paying. We recommend people to stay with their existing supplier in the short term.

Q. Will I end up on a more expensive tariff?

A. Unfortunately, you may end up on a more expensive tariff if you are switched to a new supplier. If you are concerned about your energy costs, please do contact us on 0300 365 3005 or GreenDoctorsLDN@groundwork.org.uk

Q. Is there anything else I should do if I’m worried my energy supplier will go bust?

A. We recommend making a note or taking a photo of your meter reading and downloading any bills while you wait for news or your new supplier to contact you. We can guide people over the phone on how to take correct meter readings.

Q. Do I need to cancel any of my direct debits if my supplier goes bust?

A. There is no need to cancel any direct debits straight away. Instead, you should wait for your new account to be set up before cancelling the existing payment.

Q. I have credit on my account, will I get this money back?

A. If you are in credit, your money is protected and you’ll be paid back. If you were in debt to the old supplier, you’ll still have to pay the money back. The new supplier will contact you to arrange payment.

Możliwość dodawania komentarzy nie jest dostępna.